If you enjoy leading groups of engaged community members ready to do some good for our local environment, then this may be the volunteer opportunity for you! TreeUtah needs Volunteer Team Leaders (VTLs) to help us facilitate Saturday and occasional weekday tree plantings from April through October.
Volunteer Team Leaders play a critical role in helping TreeUtah staff to successfully coordinate tree plantings and events with groups of community volunteers. A VTL manages volunteers to safely and correctly plant trees at schools, parks, and other public locations. The VTL is responsible for making sure each volunteer planter is warmly received and engaged through the entire course of the planting. In return, TreeUtah promises to make sure each of its Volunteer Team Leaders are thoroughly prepared, informed, and appreciated for his or her invaluable service. Click here to review the TreeUtah_VTL Handbook_2016.
A Team Leader will:
- Manage various aspects of the planting day
- Professionally and responsibly manage volunteers at plantings, including warmly welcoming volunteers at the outset and seeing that they are having a positive and productive experience.
- Demonstrate to volunteers the proper techniques and methodology for planting trees, including small #5 to #10 containers to balled-and-burlapped landscape-size trees. Use the planting demonstration as an opportunity to educate volunteers about the importance of properly planting and maintaining trees.
TreeUtah will provide:
- Training on how to properly plant varying tree sizes, tree maintenance and care, volunteer communications, and more.
- Materials to be used at planting events.
- Appreciation goodies, and recognition for hours given to TreeUtah.