As summer kicks off, take advantage of the pleasant weather in the Salt Lake valley. One of the best ways to enjoy nature and relax is to take a trip to the local parks. Whether you have half a day or an hour in between work, it is nice to decompress. Here is a list of some local parks!
- Liberty Park
- A local favorite with plenty of shady trees. It has ponds, playgrounds and is home to the Tracy Aviary. On Friday nights, the park hosts a farmer’s market from 4 pm until dusk.
- International Peace Gardens
- A beautiful botanical garden, the International Peace Gardens is a seamless medley of plants, architecture, and culture.
- Sugarhouse Park
- Runners and walkers galore, this park is perfect for getting a workout it. It also has plenty of trees to rest under and small creek for cooling off.
- Memory Grove Park
- Tucked away in the hills by the capitol, is park is the place for a quiet getaway. It also serves a memorial for veterans.
- Pioneer Park
- Close to downtown, this park has it all; playgrounds, grassy areas, shady spaces, and a great walking path. On Saturday mornings, the park hosts a farmer’s market from 8am-2pm.
- Gilgal Sculpture Garden
- Hidden in between concrete buildings, the Gilgal Sculpture Garden is filled with sculptures and inscribed stones. You’ll always find something new to look at!
- Bend in the River
- This park is perfect for bikers, it connects to the Jordan River Parkway trail.
- Constitution Park
- Tennis courts, soccer fields, and playgrounds, this park is perfect for outdoor activity.
Zahra Saifee TU Intern