TreeUtah Education and Volunteer Coordinator (Full-Time, 40 Hours)
The purpose of this position is to manage youth and adult education and volunteer opportunities for TreeUtah.
The largest part of the job includes elementary education. Duties include offering “Discovering Trees with Carrie Cottonwood,” a 2nd grade school outreach program for Salt Lake County Schools, other elementary school tree planting grant for schools around the state of Utah each spring and fall, and summer camps that educate youth about our local environment. These programs educate grade school children, teachers and the community about the benefits of trees. Elementary education experience is required.
• Present, promote and update education programs and volunteer opportunities
• Correspond regularly with partners including schools, volunteers and event organizers
• Maintain records for grants and contract reporting purposes
• Recruit, schedule and train volunteers and interns
• Help plan and facilitate the school tree planting events
• Identify and implement best practices of other organizations with similar programs
• Create and disseminate information about all education programs including hand-outs and brochures
• Provide updated education content for social media and TreeUtah’s website as necessary
• Develop a program evaluation and report on activities and goals annually
• Assist the Executive Director with education grant reports and grant writing
• Supervise education interns
• Experience developing and facilitating education programs in elementary school and field settings
• Strong interpersonal communication and public speaking skills
• Must be enthusiastic, energetic, and have the ability to interact with small children and adults
• Must be willing to take and pass a background check
• Knowledge of the Utah State Office of Education core curriculum
• Experience in project planning including program development; implementation, and budgeting
• Knowledgeable in the identification, biology, and care of trees, shrubs, and other plants
• Ability to effectively supervise, train, evaluate and motivate staff and volunteers
• Strong computer skills
• First aid and CPR trained
• Ability to work some weekends, holidays and special event hours as needed
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, stand for extended periods of time, and undertake moderately strenuous physical activities
The Education Coordinator reports to the Executive Director
40 hours/week, flexible schedule, some evenings, weekends and special event hours.
$14 to $16 per hour with vacation and insurance available
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and three job references to email@example.com with ‘job’ in the subject line. We aim to have to position filled ASAP.